skip navigation

Chris Fonseca is Ward 3 Councillor For The City of Mississauga - Ward 3 Mississauga Map - Mississauga News and Mississauga Newspaper the Mississauga Gazette. Mayor Bonnie Crombie. with Khaled Iwamura. Kevin J. Johnston of Mississauga Gazette

Mississauga Petition Forms Are Now Online

09/22/2016, 9:45am EDT
By Chris Fonseca

And Other Ward 3 News

Petition Process - On-line forms

The City of Mississauga Clerks Department is now using an on-line form for petitions.

There are 2 types of petitions forms listed below:

  1. General Petition
  2. Local Improvement Plan

If you are wanting to bring forward a petition to Council you are required to follow the process as outline on their website at Office of the City Clerk

City Clerk's Office

Chris Fonseca - Mississauga City Council - Ward 3 - Mississauga News and Mississauga Gazette - Mayor Bonnie Crombie

Building and Renovating in Mississauga

Ward 3 Boundaries The area of Ward 1 is bounded roughly as described below.​   ​Eglinton Avenue East on the North Dundas Street East on the South Cawthra Road on the West Etobicoke Creek on the East.

Before you start a building or renovation project in Mississauga, you need to find out:

  • What you are allowed to build on your property, and

  • If you need a building permit

Your property's zoning will determine what you can build on your property. For example, the City's Zoning By-law sets out what uses are permitted; how far a structure must be from the lot lines; and, the amount of parking required. A permit is usually needed if you are building and renovating, making interior alterations to an existing building, putting up a sign, or opening a business in a new location.

When is a building permit for residential construction required?

  • Construct/demolish a house or an addition to an existing house

  • Construct/demolish an attached or a detached garage

  • Construct a deck, greater than 10m2 (107.64 ft2) in area, and all decks attached to the house which are greater than 600mm (2 ft) above the adjacent grade

  • Construct a porch or a balcony

  • Construct a basement walkout

  • Construct/demolish a detached accessory structure greater than 10m2 (107.64 ft2)

  • Construct a heated or unheated sunroom

  • Erect tents greater than 60m2 (645.85 ft2) or all tents erected within 3.0 m (9.8 ft) of a building

  • Construct roofing with structural work (i.e.- adding new dormers, skylights)

  • Create new openings for, or increase the size of, doors and windows

  • Excavate a basement to increase existing headroom/ underpinning foundation walls

  • Install, change, remove or repair load-bearing walls and other structural components

  • Install or modify HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) systems

  • Install, replace or repair plumbing, drainage or sewer systems

  • Construct a chimney serving a solid fuel fire appliance

  • Change a building's use

  • Install, replace or repair a private sewage system

  • Replace a furnace that is changing fuel type, efficiency or capacity

  • Install a gas fireplace as a heating appliance

  • Fire damage repair (structural & mechanical)

When is a building permit for non-residential construction required?

  • Erect, alter or repair structures over 10 m2 (107 ft2)

  • Change the use of an existing space

  • Undertake tenant improvements

  • Alter interior partitions or the install of skylights, windows or doors

  • Create a patio or covered areas

  • Erect garden centres, tents, air supported structures

  • Erect, alter or repair loading docks

  • Repair balconies and parking structures

  • Alter exterior facades

  • Construct or install accessory structures such as garbage enclosures

  • Construct or install designated structures such as retaining walls, tanks, solar panels and communication towers

  • Undertake mechanical alterations

  • Install commercial kitchen exhaust and suppression systems

  • Install spray booths, dust removal systems

  • Install rooftop HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) replacements

  • Install a structure of any size which contains plumbing

  • Install wood burning fireplaces, ovens, unit heaters and other heating appliances including the alteration, replacement or extension of ductwork

  • Install geothermal systems

  • Undertake site servicing

  • Install new, alter or extend existing plumbing, heating or fire protection systems

  • Install maglocks

When is a building permit not generally required?

  • Construct/demolish a detached accessory structure under 10m2 (107.64ft2) with no plumbing and with a maximum height of 3.0m (i.e. garden/utility shed/gazebo)

  • Construct/demolish an uncovered deck less than 10m2 (107.64ft2) and less than 600mm (2 ft) above adjacent grade

  • Construct/demolish a non load-bearing basement wall (i.e. finishing basement with no plumbing or HVAC [Heating, Ventilation or Air Conditioning])

  • Replace doors and/or windows that are the same size as the existing

  • Install siding on a house, garage or accessory building

  • Re-shingle a roof

  • Install eavestroughs, provided the drainage is contained within the property

  • Damp-proof basements

  • Paint or decorate

  • Install kitchen or bathroom cupboards without plumbing

  • Carry out minor repairs to masonry

  • Erect a fence

  • Carry out landscaping work

  • Add on air conditioning to an existing HVAC system

  • Install a decorative gas fireplace

  • Fire damage repair (non-structural & non-mechanical

Chris Fonseca - Mississauga City Council - Ward 3 - Mississauga News and Mississauga Gazette - Mayor Bonnie Crombie
Mississauga Gazette Logo and Mississauga News Logo. Mississauga Newspaper. Jim Tovey and Bonnie Crombie

Mississauga Ward 3 City Councillor Chris Fonseca


Chris Fonseca - 905-896-5300

300 City Centre Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L5B 3C1

Mississauga Gazette - Mississauga's Independent Voice

Mississauga Gazette - News - Editorials - Entertainment - Mississauga Business Listings - Brampton Business Listings

Tag(s): Chris Fonseca