Colors have a hypnotic effect on people. Many people feel drawn to azure blue, for instance.
The odd thing about blue is that it can make you feel trusting. It is subtle. You are probably not aware of it. Other colors work in the same way. Shades of colors also have a subtle effect on your mood. Bars are often decorated in dark shades of red, grey or blue in order to soothe customers into staying. Kindergartens are filled with pastel shades to keep children happy.
How can a color help sell your product? Easy. It can put your customer in the buying mood. You can color anything your customer sees – your product, its packaging, the website, sales materials or your logo. If you choose the right color, you could send people scrambling for their wallet.
Here are some colors and their power:
* Blue is an all-time favorite. If you use blue, people see you as trustworthy. It is conservative and solid. Blue is the color for little boys because according to folklore, baby boys are born in the blue shadow under a cabbage. Good products and services for blue are boys’ clothes, jewelry, travel, insurance, business services and art.
Blue exerts another extraordinary effect: it curbs the appetite. Dieters sometimes eat in blue light, from a blue plate in a blue-colored room. It odd thing is – it works. They do not eat as much.
* Red signals excitement – and danger. It makes people feel expectant. It is often used for introducing a new product. Some good products for red are security products, toys, sports accessories, cars, children’s clothing and pet products.
* Pink is a calming color. Pink is used to sell girls’ clothes and toys as well as cosmetics. Pink shades and lampshades soften the light in a room. A sales price printed in pink tends to make it appear less expensive. Perhaps, it is the calming effect at work. Pink is also pure innocence. Little girls are given the color because ancient folklore has it that girl babies are born in the heart of a rose. *Yellow grabs the eye. In fact, it is the first color babies recognize. It gives off a secure feeling. It is excellent for children’s clothing, health services, vitamins, pet items, music, flowers and household appliances.
* Cream is serious and elegant. It is good for costly items. It
is used in women’s fashions, interior design, linen, bedding,
kitchens and books.
* Grey is serious. Light grey is efficient and sleek. It is good for men’s fine clothing, silverware, machinery, genealogy and family crests. The walls of office buildings are often light grey. Dark grey is ultra serious.
* Green expresses freedom, purity and spaciousness. A soothing color, it goes well with food, water, cooking, flowers, house shutters and doors. Light green is associated with money and ties in with the stock market and business.
* Purple is commanding and sure. In olden days it was used only for royalty. It gives the impression of quality and works well for exclusive and costly items. It is used for heirlooms, books, music and memberships in exclusive clubs.
* Orange makes you look twice. It says: danger is near. It is a bold, hot color that works well with sports clothes, games, camping gear, outdoor vests and children’s apparel.
Mississauga Gazette - News - Editorials - Entertainment - Mississauga Business Listings - Brampton Business Listings
Tag(s): Steve Cali