- No fireworks can be set off on a public street or roadway within Mississauga at any time.
- No fireworks can be set off in a park at any time without a valid approved permit.
- No person shall hold a public fireworks display without a permit issued by the Fire Chief.
- Fireworks should only be purchased from a licensed retailer permitted to sell fireworks to the general public within the City of Mississauga as per By-Law 340-01.
Fireworks Safety Tips
- Choose an area that measures at least 30 metres by 30 metres and is free of obstructions.
- Carefully read the instructions on each fireworks.
- Check wind direction and wind speed and keep a large pail of water nearby.
- For a good launching site, bury the device up to half its length in the ground or in a pail or box filled with sand.
- During the show, wear safety goggles.
- Keep all spectators at least 20 metres away.
- Do not allow children to set off fireworks.
- Never attempt to set off fireworks that have misfired.
- Do not put fireworks in your pockets, do not throw them and do not keep them in your hand.
For more tips on fireworks safety, contact the Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services(MFES), Fire Prevention and Life Safety team at 905-896-5908 or visit MFES online.