1. Applicant must have been registered for a minimum of five years with the Port Credit Hockey Association which may be non-continuous.
2. Applicant must be registered with the MHL and play for Port Credit in the year of application.
3. Applicant must currently be eligible to attend an accredited post-secondary institution as a full time student.
4. Decision of the Scholarship Committee will be final. There is no appeal process for any applicant(s).
5. Applicant must not be serving a suspension at the date of application.
6. Applicant must not have served more than 15 games of suspension during the applicant's career in the Mississauga Hockey League.
7. Scholarship Committee will assess all applications and forward its recommendation(s) to the Board of Directors of the Port Credit Hockey Association for a majority approval.
8. Applicant must be a resident of the City of Mississauga at the time of application.
9. Award recipients are ineligible for future applications.
10. Applicant must submit fully completed application form together with: a. Two (2) letters of reference from his or her current school (one must be from a teacher). b. One (1) letter of reference from an official of his or her current Port Credit hockey team. c. An official copy of his or her school transcript. d. A letter outlining their contribution to Port Credit hockey, and what the game has meant to him or her.
11. All information must be submitted by July 31st of the year of application in order to be considered for that year’s scholarship awards.
12. Successful applicants will be announced in November, and payment of the scholarship will be issued by December 31st, upon proof of enrolment. Proof of enrolment will be in the form of an official school document (letter from Registrar) from the accredited post-secondary institution the applicant is attending. Payment will be made directly to the successful applicant(s).
13. Completed application and all required documentation must be forwarded to the Scholarship Committee, Port Credit Hockey Association, 2325 Hurontario Street, Suite 245 Mississauga, Ontario L5A 4K4
14. Facsimiles and/or electronic responses will not be accepted. 15. PCHA reserves the right to use applicant’s essays for promotional use.
MIssissauga Hockey League News
Mississauga Gazette - News - Editorials - Entertainment - Mississauga Business Listings - Brampton Business Listings
Tag(s): Mississauga Hockey